A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is actually irregular in shape and seems like a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is due to the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is well known in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the chaga mushroom extract is an immune booster, an outstanding digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is a compressive listing of Chaga mushroom proven health advantages.
1. Prevention and management of cancer – The active compound in the Chaga mushroom has an essential role in prevention and handling of cancer, based on research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom assist the immunity mechanism to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting the body to combat against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the immune system through the creation of immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s capability to differentiate between foreign cells as well as the body’s cells; thus enhancing the accuracy from the immunity mechanism in answering invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays a vital role in preventing allergic reactions by helping the body to recognise its cells more accurately; thus it cannot fight against its cells. In the event that reducing the probability of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in lowering of immunity mechanism hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity be a consequence of an extreme allergic attack. Such reaction can result in cardiac shock. As being a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom raises the defense mechanisms when necessary and minimize it after it is hypersensitive.
3. A strong antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. As an example, Chaga extracts are effective against viruses since they inhibit replication of HIV 1 and prevent Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts work well in lessening infection as a result of Hepatitis C. The extracts stop the procedure that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), an essential part of fighting infection. A cup of Chaga tea is vital to fight the bacteria which could cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation in the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Be aware that, low antioxidant levels can cause inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the results of enzymes that be a part of inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide supplement synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play a vital role in neutralising free radicles in the body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga has the highest level of antioxidant potency in comparison with some other food. The high amounts of antioxidants are due to the high level of polyphenols within the Hericium Erinaceus Extract. Besides, our prime amounts of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive results of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, decrease the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – One of many factors behind ulcers is bacteria. As being a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria that causes ulcers within the digestive tract reducing odds of ulcers. Besides, the extracts from the mushroom are essential in lessening inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cup of Chaga tea or even a glass of warm water infused with Chaga mushroom powder half an hour before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration inside the blood during an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the entire process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides increase the glycogen content of muscles and the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a component that plays a part in fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous blood clots – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots within the veins; a condition called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it may lead to diseases including heart attack and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the entire process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the risks of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is vital in soothing blood vessels in times of irritation. Such property is essential in the event of pain or conditions including neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood glucose levels level by increasing insulin levels in the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to transform sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. One of many factors behind insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance contributes to accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the risk of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts decrease that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus lowering the surges in blood sugar levels, which may otherwise result in diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure level and levels of cholesterol – Betulinic acid can break down the reduced-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol inside the blood, while other extracts increase the quantity of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol in the liver. By eliminating bad cholesterol from blood vessels, as well as eliminating clots from your veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a wholesome blood pressure levels.
11. Skin health – The massive levels of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, allow it to be a great skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is a part of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin provides the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, enhances the skin’s health, rendering it supple and protecting your skin from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it for the skin is effective.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is a wonderful way to obtain dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates producing bile, a necessary salt in the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder three times each day, 30 minutes before food decbbe required for a healthy digestive tract.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it of any toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can safeguard the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving sense of stress – Chaga extracts are essential in balancing hormones in your body. In the case of stress, our bodies releases stress hormones. The hormones are responsible for the sense of stress and fatigue. An equilibrium of such hormones, balances the functioning of the body, hence enables one to deal with stress. Being a well-known adaptogen, he shou wu extract, assist to stabilise, restore and protect the body. It does so by helping the body react to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance in the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the amount of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Improving the levels of acetylcholine improves the cognitive performance of the individual.